Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oh, Yeah!

I wasn't able to go shoot this morning. I was nursing a sick tomcat. He improved steadily (it's surprising the good a little olive oil can accomplish) and when the assorted crew rolled up, I was ready and able to get over to the wondrous hog roast.

Lemme just say -- one moment, have to stop myself droolin' -- if there's a better meal than farm-fresh roast hog with home-made barbecue sauce on freshly-baked real bread* and washed down with cold cider, I don't know what it is.

We shopped a bit, then went back to Roseholme and sat on the porch, chattin'. The grown-ups had locally-brewed Gnawbone IPA which I am assured is world-class, whilst I enjoyed a Jarritos tamarind soda. (I only barely drink beer; it's nice with a grilled steak sometimes but otherwise, I do not seek it out. So sue me. I'm a retired binge drinker: beer was never on my radar).

It was a grand time. Eventually (this means after a nap), it was time to rake leaves and then time to scooter over to the big-box building supply store for leaf bags.

On the way back, I stopped by Locally Grown Gardens to score an apple pie and had a gander at the salmon waiting to be grilled. Yum!

Not such a bad place to be, ol' Broad Ripple.
_________________
* Not that squishy stuff they sell in stores. I'm sure it's nutritious and fillin' but I'm talkin' about actual bread, with taste and texture.

4 comments:

Carteach said...

I extend my envy......

Home on the Range said...

I should have bought the pie.

Thanks for treating us. . it was grand.

Somerled said...

Glad you three had a great Saturday. I don't drink either, but that leaves more room for barbecue and apple pie. Were there pit beans to go with the hog?

Turk Turon said...

Wow!

Sounds delicious!

Captcha: umobu

(You mob, you!)