Saturday, October 25, 2008

Synopsis

...I'm fallin' asleep.  So, the high-concept version:

     From bowling pins to the buffet at India Palace!  You take a nice sniff of good Indian food after a chilly mornin' and you will nearly  weep for delight.  My only regret was that I couldn't spend the afternoon there...on the  other hand, they'll be there next Saturday....

     ...While this season's Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show is just this weekend!  And there's where we went.  One of our party ended up with quite a treasure (and she'll tell you about it, by and by).  Me, I found chocolate-covered blueberries (yayyy!), a couple of books, a new pair of sunglass clip-ons and a nifty blue gun that's not a gun.  Except it is if you ask Uncle Sam; it just doesn't happen to work unless I stick it onto my Ruger Mk. II plinker.  Much walking, lots of good fun.  My legs are about done in: I wore the tallll linesperson's boots for the pin-shooting and never changed out of them.  My toes aren't speaking to me right now.

     INDY BLOGMEET tomorrow.  See you there!

2 comments:

Carteach said...

Did you pick up the barrel conversion? Real curious how well those work.

Oh..... and I envy you. Sounds like a VERY kewl day.

Roberta X said...

I did and I'm eager to find out, too!