Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Google ω NSA*

Awww. You got your surveillance in my obsessively-tracked Web history! Probably.

Get big enough, get co-opted. Period. Corporations as they presently exist are creatures of the State; their own size or success is a ticking bomb.

The only mild positive to this is that NSA is (usually) pervy-obsessed with knowing and loathe to share. They hide their trove away unless they uncover superbadness. Thus far. Thus far.
__________________________________________
* That's a lower-case omega. Rather than futz around making "left caret + 3" show up as "heart," I have adopted the symbol to mean "butt buddy." Do with it what you will. Ahem.

7 comments:

jetfxr69 said...

If this starts happening with any frequency I'm going to have to encrypt my HDD with a 10^100-bit key.

North said...

I was there when the "little w" was set into motion...

Drang said...

Not only does NSA not like to share what it knows, it usually doesn't even know what it knows.

rickn8or said...

"* That's a lower-case omega. Rather than futz around making 'left caret + 3 show up as 'heart,' I have adopted the symbol to mean 'butt buddy.'"

Now THAT's seeing something everyone else has missed. My Agog Meter is pegged.

Dave H said...

I figured that's what the "ω" meant. It reminds me of the "W" in the Average White Band's logo.

I'm a little surprised this story is newsworthy. I assumed NSA et al. were harvesting Google all along. I guess the one newsworthy bit is that Google knew about it.

Anonymous said...

Do with it what we will, but don't tell you about it in the comments, I think. Because I almost described what that thing really looks like. But you're a lady.

I'm glad someone is taking the trouble to read the character map. All that time, I could have brandished that awful looking thing in flame wars, back when I still thought flaming was worthwhile. Me stupid.

Mike James

Bruce H. said...

If you had a Favorite button, I'd favorite this.