Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New! Improved! 4473

Or different, anyway. They still have to touch all the bases before it becomes the Official Version but bATFe is showing the next 4473 already. I believe it reflects some positive changes in Federal regs, but I'm betting it will also be A) longer and B) more complicated. 'Cos that's how it works.

(Cheat sheet: "Yes; Not Yet; Not Yet; Not Yet; Does Coffee Count?; Not Yet; Not Yet; Hell, No; No; Not Yet; Not As Such; No; No; Sobriety; U.S.A. so far, why, what have you heard?" Happy to help!)

5 comments:

North said...

Change one of the answers to "Crap. I thought no one was looking." and the sheet works for me.

karrde said...

LOL on "sobriety".

I don't think the FFL would like it, even if accurate.

Drang said...

When I bought my 10/22TD at Cabelas last week, the "paperwork", including the signature, was electronic. Really threw me for a loop, I was expecting the ATFEIEIO to pull me over on the way home and hand me a dog so they could shoot it.

Dave H said...

I did an electronic 4473 at Walmart last year. Bloomin' thing took forever to approve. (There was no "delay" response either, it just took a long time.) The fastest approvals I ever got were phoned in.

Drang said...

I was at Cabela's, so I neglected to time how long it took to process. Frankly, it was probably done before I was...