Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Comprehension Dawns

When they say "Nothing is too good for our employees" (or troops, or customers, unindicted co-conspirators, abductees, whatever), I always thought it meant there was no upper limit to the goodness due 'em.

But the more I see the actual practice, the more I realize the true meaning is that the speaker believes even nothing would be more than is deserved -- but it's too darned much work to hand out less than nothing, so a big fat plateful of zilch is what's in the offing.

That revelation's going to make my daily life ever so much less disappointing!

Cripes.

5 comments:

Tango Juliet said...

Sigh... you know, I think you're onto something here.

BGMiller said...

Yup.

BGM

Keads said...

True.

After having mangers and co-workers cry when I was laid off way back when to now has been a long, strange trip. We will not speak of the Western Electric plant closing.

Anonymous said...

Great observation, but I think it's an auxiliary observation to the rule of thumb that if they are accusing you of it, it's because their doing it.

Quizikle said...

It's like "Our employees are our best asset". To the people that say such things, assets aren't worth anything if they aren't working...
Q